SHENZHEN, China–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jun. 16, 2020
RELX Technology (RELX) today published its first Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, outlining the concrete steps being taken to advance the company vision to provide tomorrow’s vaping solutions, while driving operational excellence, managing its social impact and preventing underage use of its products.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200616005361/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
RELX's mission is to empower adult smokers through technology, product and science, ethically. To this end, RELX continuously invests in scientific research and groundbreaking technologies to develop better products for adult smokers and vapers worldwide.
In its report, RELX provides a comprehensive picture of its CSR activities. Key 2019 highlights, which span a wide range of activities from environmental protection to economic empowerment, include:
- RELX opened over 2,500 RELX points of sale and entered over 100,000 retail stores, serving adult consumers in over 40 countries and regions.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company established a support fund of RMB 20 million and provided other support mechanisms, including sending hand sanitizer and masks to RELX stores and partners all over the world.
- RELX has installed ID and facial recognition technology in 80% of stores. The pre-purchase age verification process led RELX to refuse to sell products to 2% of store visitors, after they were found to be under-age.
- RELX launched 16 anti-counterfeit cases in 2019, leading to the seizure of over 65,000 counterfeit products.
- RELX initiated the "Lighten the Burden on Earth" campaign and recovered over 20,000 empty pods in one month.
- The company terminated partnerships with close to 1,800 retail stores, which were located too close to schools.
RELX is on course with its business and sustainability ambitions, delivering on its goal to develop viable alternatives to cigarettes, supporting its local communities in times of crises, all while ensuring its products do not fall in the wrong hands.
The report in full is available here on https://relxnow.com/blogs/article/globalcsr.
About RELX Technology
Founded in January 2018, RELX is Asia's leading e-cigarette company. RELX independently develops its e-cigarette products at its R&D center in Shenzhen, China, the first CNAS-standard lab for an independent e-cigarette brand. RELX continuously makes significant investments in R&D, e-liquid testing and new product development. The company has attracted global talents from Uber, Proctor and Gamble, Huawei, Beats, and L'Oréal. RELX investors include top venture capital firms Source Code Capital, IDG Capital, and Sequoia Capital.
Linkedin: RELX Technology
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200616005361/en/